Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Is It True? Are Black Women Submissive to White Men???

So. Today's blog is about the title you see up top. Yes. Yes I'm going there.
I honestly do not know where to begin with this one. Let's see...

1.) Let's stop talking "Submissive" as if Women are Dogs that need to be 'Handled'.
  • First off, I gonna need ALL men to get out of their heads that Black women are any different from White women when it comes to interracial dating. If the woman is quite and subtle and passive aggressive with one man chances are she is going to remain same person when she's with the other. If she is loud and opinionated with one man then she's going to remain loud and opinionated with the other man. Women do not need to be handled nor need to submit to anyone. Women, whether in a relationship or single, need to be treated equally, not any lower or higher than a Man.
2.) Referring back to #1: Why is it that BLACK women are the ones who are Referred to as Loud, Opinionated, Obnoxious, and that we have Attitudes?
  • Okay. White women have are and can be just as Loud and Opinionated and Obnoxious as the next Black Woman. And not to mention I've known a good number of White women who have stronger attitudes than some Black women. It does not matter the color of the skin or the Ethnicity; a bird is a bird, a duck is a duck, a person is a person, and Woman is a Woman.
3.) Referring to the video and the answer of #2: Why is it that Black women AREN'T portrayed more like the women in the first part of the video???
  • It seems that America only sees black women portrayed on Social Media as being loud, Ignorant, Ratchet, Uncouth, they have more than 2 baby-daddies, they always want to fight...etc. And so the list of stereotypes continues. The girls in the first part of the video are very well-spoken, beautifully dressed, have well put-together faces, they seem to live comfortably, and are dark to light beautiful Black women. I feel like whether they are with a White Man or a Black Man or even if they're single that Black Women like them (like Us) should be presented on Social Media More. Those are the type of Black women America should see more of. Those are the types of Black Women America should be pushing more to see and show when Entertaining or Delivering Information.
    Whoever created this video? Why would you choose to show the Black Women who are obviously less-educated, less-groomed for society, and unfortunate in their upbringings being abused and disrespected by their fellow less-educated, less-groomed for society Black Man? To compare to a classier, well-educated, well-put together Black Woman being loved and respected by a White man? Those are two horrible comparisons! Why not show the Well-educated, well-put together Black Woman with a fellow well-educated, put-together Black Man? And or show a loud obnoxious White Woman with a loud obnoxious Black Man? You see the options? You won't see a difference in the attitudes and personality types. Why not show a video stating,
    "Is it True that it does not matter what race you are? That if you just treat a Woman right she'll be loyal and loving and true? What are we, as Men, doing wrong? What should we learn to do to get better? Take a look at these happy Couples. See how their Woman (Black or White) is being so kind?" <--- I, honestly, like that title better.
  •  Forget Race. An unworthy man will abuse his woman no matter how he does it. An unworthy woman will go against her man no matter how she chooses to go about it. A worthy Man will respect his Woman no matter the issue no matter the state of power. A worthy Woman will not backlash her Man and will stand by him and support him through thick and thin.
    This feels like a way for Black Men to "Get their Women back" if you will. I'm not saying they lost us or that they will continue to lose us, because there are some beautiful brothas out there deserving of a beautiful sista to steal their hearts. And vice versa. However, only a desperate Man would create this video to tell both Black and White men (and yes this is sending the WRONG message to White Men as well) that..."White Men, you just keep being you, and your Black lady will never have attitudes with you nor will she act Ratchet" OR "You can get a good Black woman if you're a White Male. Black Men, You're screwed!"
4.) I am a Black Woman who has dated both Black and White Men. I had been raised to not see color. And, honestly, even before my parents said "Avery, we just want you to find a good man who will make you happy and respect you and those you care about." at a very young age I never saw color; whether it was towards my friends or those I dated.

  • I am a Black Woman who is in a very serious long-term relationship with my WHITE boyfriend. We've been together for going on 3 years. We have been through our up's and down's; and we have survived the storms. BUT that does not mean we didn't get into it here and there. I've been raised to speak with proper grammatical-knowledge. I've been raised to cross my legs when I sit down, to say 'excuse me' or 'bless you' with each meal and each sneeze. I've been raised to know my worth and to never allow anyone to disrespect me. I've been raised to respect my elders and to protect the young. I've been raised to know that as a Black Woman people will always be watching and judging me way more than other women who look different. I was raised to know that, whether he be a Black or White man, if he doesn't respect me I know not to even bother. I was raised to obey the law and to Respect my neighbor. I was raised to know KARMA is real. I was raised to not have children in wedlock; and if I did/do to have that baby with ONE man. I was raised to respect my body so that men will do the same. I was raised to respect my space so that others may do the same. The point of it all is that I was RAISED. The women at the end of the video were not. And that's not fair to point Black Women out in that sort of light.
  • My boyfriend is a White Man. He is the only Son of an 'Only Son' German Man from FL. Billy was raised to respect Women of any culture/race/background. He loves Black Women; he always has (And always will ;)). <-- What can I say? My man has good taste. He was raised to open the door for women, and to never call a woman out of her name. He was raised to keep his cool when stress becomes overwhelming and to take charge of decisions because he is a Man. He was raised to never allow another man to make me smile. He is a good Man.
  • I am a Black woman with all of these unique qualities/characteristics/traits. And He is a (White) Man who has been nurtured with these defining qualities. And as proper as we have been raised, as fine as we turned out, my boyfriend and I still act like those couples shown at the end of the video (NOT abusive...just loud and in each others' faces [haha]).
    We scream. We holler. We even get so mad as to call each other out on our shit and call each other a name here and there that we know the other will get pissed about. As couples we will all always fight because we're around each other 24/7; we know how to get under each others' skin. That's normal. Why not show the normality? Why make it about Race?




That is my RANT for the Day. To just sit there and pin-point One race or One gender based on ONE piece of evidence without proper comparison/contrasting is just false advertising if you will. I'm all about the truth. (Person who Created the video) Get at me when you create a video Comparing Good Interracial Couples vs. Good Same Race Couples and or Bad Interracial Couples vs. Bad Same Race Couples.
Get Creative IDIOT!!!

Peace and Love,

Avery Baby







No comments:

Post a Comment