Friday, May 29, 2015

New York Here I Come!!!




So...NBC is hosting auditions for their Live performance of "The Wiz"!!! YA'LL!!!
Like...for real! I'm too stoked! I grew up with that musical! My Mother taped it on VHS just so I could watch it anytime I wanted. I'm so excited and nervous all at once! I honestly didn't think I would be able to do this but I am! My boyfriend is coming with me!!! He's never been to NYC before so this will be a first for him. He wouldn't allow me to go by myself ^_^ *blush*

I just bought our Tickets!!!
 
 
 
This all started a week and a few days ago. Two friends of mine tagged me on Facebook about the Live auditions for "The Wiz"; hosted by NBC!
 
I mean, I read the initial AD and was like, "Nah. I there's no way I'll be able to afford a trip NYC with that short of a notice." Then I saw the date listed and thought, "Well...that's only 2 weeks away. AND, if I take the "Chinese Bus" (aka- I've come to learn- the "GotoBus.com") to NY on Friday night, they'll drop us off Saturday Morning, and after the auditons are over we can have time to roam around Manhattan until our bus picks us up at 8pm and back to Columbia we go. Good Idea right? Billy thought so...
So...
I'm going. It's decided. It's Official.
 
ORIGINAL BROADWAY "DOROTHY"
(Stephanie Mills as "Auntie Em" for NBC Production)
 
It's also said Stephanie Mills will be performing as "Auntie Em" in the Live performance hosted by NBC. She is incredible.
 
I have been practicing and rehearsing and I'm prepared. Even if I don't get this, I want all of NY to know who I am and know I'm going to keep coming for 'em. I mean, ya'll, if I made it to the next round or even the FINAL round, I may do a combination of pee myself, scream, and cry. That's it (haha). To make it on Broadway is a DREAM.COME.TRUE. And to make it in NYC is a Dream of a Lifetime. THIS is what I want. THIS is what I want to continue doing with my career. Anyone that doesn't know otherwise, doesn't know me.
 
That's what's going on with me...I wanted everyone to know and to continue to support me.
 
Peace and Love,
 
Avery 










No comments:

Post a Comment